Like other parts of Washington, Adams Morgan can often attract some criminal elements and suffers from burglaries, robberies, and thefts of and from automobiles. If you see any suspicious activity, do not hesitate to phone the police non-emergency 311 number. The Metropolitan Police website, www.mpdc.dc.gov, provides information about when to dial 911 vs. 311.
- Crime Statistics and other valuable information about crime and the police are available on www.mpdc.dc.gov. Daily crime reports are available at www.crimereports.com. (Adams Morgan is in the 3rd police district, comprising Police Service Area (PSA) 303.)
- Thefts from autos. Numerous past reports of thefts from automobiles indicate that the victims had left purses, computers, cameras, cell phones, and other valuables in plain sight in their cars, so it is important to keep these items hidden from view.
- KCA e-mail list. Please add your e-mail address to the KCA e-mail list, which provides information about neighborhood crimes and other matters. If you have been a victim of crime or have a complaint about crime or the police, please send the information to President@KaloramaCitizens.org.
- Additional Volunteers. We are currently looking for volunteers to track neighborhood crime issues and act as a liaison with the police department and with the U.S. Attorney’s office, which is responsible for criminal prosecutions in the District. If you would like to volunteer, please contact President@KaloramaCitizens.org.
- Other general information about the quality of District policing may be found at www.SafeStreetsDC.com.